Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

21 Day Fix: Week 2

Today marks the end of week 2 on the 21 Day Fix for me. I am SO happy with my results so far! I don't have a scale at home right now, but I was able to take my measurements this morning. So far, I have lost 9.75 total inches on the Fix... 4 of which are around my waist! It is truly amazing to see what happens when we eat the way God intended for us to eat. Even more amazing is the strength I have built in only two weeks' time. I can feel it. Every time I go up and down the stairs, every time I bend over to pick something up, every morning when I wake up and stretch I can feel the progress I am making.

I'm not posting any results pictures until the conclusion of round 1, which is next week. So, in honor of the week 2 finale, here is the recipe for my Panda Express inspired Green Bean Chicken Breast and brown rice. 
[DISCLAIMER: brown rice takes a LONG time to cook, so I usually put it on ahead of time while I am doing other things around the house.]


What you'll need:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into cubes
1/2 Vidalia onion, sliced
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Sauce
Reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
French Style green beans
2-4 servings cooked brown rice (cooking instructions below)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste

Fool-Proof Brown Rice:
  1. Fill a large pot about 3/4 of the way with water and bring to a boil. Add 2-4 servings of brown rice (per package instructions). My favorite brand is Mahatma.
  2. Gently boil rice for 35 minutes. 
  3. Drain rice in a colander. Return to the pan and cover with lid. Allow rice to sit, covered, off of the hot eye for 10 minutes.
  4. Remove lid, fluff rice and serve.

Green Bean Chicken Breast:
  1. In a large skillet, cook cubed chicken breast in EVOO. Salt and pepper to taste.
  2. When chicken has turned white on all sides, add a little reduced sodium soy sauce (Be careful with this! Even though it is reduced sodium,  too much soy sauce will still make the dish too salty. You can always add more later if needed after you have tasted it).
  3. Add sliced onion and chopped garlic to the pan and saute until onion becomes tender.
  4. While you are waiting for the onion to cook with the chicken, add desired amount of green beans to a large pot. Barely cover the green beans with water. Bring to a boil and gently cook for about 3 minutes (This is a minute shy of package instructions, but cooking will finish when you add to the chicken).
  5. When green beans are done, drain of all water in a colander and add to the skillet with chicken, onions and garlic. 
  6. Pour Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Sauce to the mixture (approximately 1/2 cup or more to taste).
  7. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (if a little kick is desired) and stir.
  8. Serve over brown rice and enjoy!

No comments: